All Apps and Add-ons

Halo - Custom Visualization: When trying to use the chart for for a search, why does the app crash in Firefox and Chrome browsers?

jlaigo2
Path Finder

When I try to use the Halo - Custom Visualization app with my data, my browser crashes in firefox and chrome. The only way I was able to pull up the app was through the view admin settings as well. Is there an issue on my end or is there a fix coming?

Thanks,
Jaime

1 Solution

skawasaki_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I just updated the app recently since it was missing the doc page. Are you saying the app "crashes" with a 404 Page Not Found (doc not found) or the actual visualization crashes?

View solution in original post

0 Karma

skawasaki_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I just updated the app recently since it was missing the doc page. Are you saying the app "crashes" with a 404 Page Not Found (doc not found) or the actual visualization crashes?

0 Karma

jlaigo2
Path Finder

when I try to use the chart for a search it comes up with the drop down and than crashes.

0 Karma

skawasaki_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Can you upload your table search results in CSV format somewhere on the web? Do you have all of the required field columns?

0 Karma

jlaigo2
Path Finder
index=jaimemetrics ExportCount=* OR ImportCount=*| eval outer=MediationSource | eval inner=host | eval ribbon=sourcetype | eval count=round(MediationCounts) | eval ribbon_color=if(sourcetype="ExportCount", "#2ca02c", "#d62728") | table outer* ribbon* inner* count* | where count > 0

outer,ribbon,"ribbon_color",inner,count
facade,ExportDirFileCount,"#d62728",ttpsel02,1
0 Karma

skawasaki_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

All of your rows are the same. Every row should be unique. That's why my example uses ... | stats count by foo bar.

jlaigo2
Path Finder

ah, ok cool thanks much it works now.

0 Karma

skawasaki_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Great! I'll be updating the app a lot to do minor fixes and updates so be sure to get the latest version.

0 Karma

skawasaki_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Actually your dataset works but it's probably not what you wanted:

alt text

0 Karma

jlaigo2
Path Finder

For the second part I found the install from the download vs. directly through browse apps has the correct doc so the app comes up.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...