All Apps and Add-ons

HUNK: Error while running external process, return_code=126.

ryu_kahou
Explorer

I installed HUNK to work with local hadoop cluster (hadoop 2.3.0 YARN). The following error happened when running search command "index=virtual_index_name".

[smllog] Error while running external process, return_code=126. See search.log for more info

I checked the content of search.log and found no error. The following is something may be related.

11-19-2014 09:48:13.787 INFO  UserManager - Done setting user context: NULL -> hadoop_user_name
11-19-2014 09:48:13.787 INFO  UserManager - Unwound user context: hadoop_user_name -> NULL
11-19-2014 09:48:13.787 INFO  DispatchManager - DispatchManager::dispatchHasFinished(id='1416358093.13', username='hadoop_user_name')
11-19-2014 09:48:13.788 INFO  UserManager - Unwound user context: hadoop_user_name -> NULL
11-19-2014 09:48:13.789 INFO  ShutdownHandler - Shutting down splunkd
11-19-2014 09:48:13.789 INFO  ShutdownHandler - shutting down level "ShutdownLevel_Begin"

How could I found the detail of HUNK error?

1 Solution

rdagan_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Error running external process normally means Hunk cannot find your Hadoop or Java processes.
So if your Hadoop processes is '/usr/bin/hadoop' in the Hunk configuration you will need to put ' /usr ' (Hunk will add /bin/hadoop)

View solution in original post

rdagan_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Error running external process normally means Hunk cannot find your Hadoop or Java processes.
So if your Hadoop processes is '/usr/bin/hadoop' in the Hunk configuration you will need to put ' /usr ' (Hunk will add /bin/hadoop)

ryu_kahou
Explorer

Thank you very much. You saved me a lot of time.
I set java home to /usr/bin/java. After I changed it to /usr/java/jdk, it works.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...