All Apps and Add-ons

Got error when processing nmon data.

leo_wang
Path Finder

I installed TA-nmon v1.3 on our AIX ( v7.1) server.
( Use the "fifo" mechanism to get nmon performance data )

But I notices the data input is not running smoothly... there are a lot of line break when I draw a timechart.
After searching the splunkd.log , I found a lot of Error message like this :

"Error ExecProcessor - message from "/opt/splunkforwarder/etc/apps/TA-nmon/bin/fifo_consumer.sh" Month '-1' out of range 0..11 at /opt/splunkforwarder/etc/apps/TA-nmon/bin/nmon2csv.pl line 2765"

It looks like the script "nmon2csv.pl" got error when parsing the time string.
It happened irregularly, not always happens ....

But I thinks the nmon data format is correct, because it not happened when I used the "old way" to got nmon performance data..

0 Karma

guilmxm
Influencer

Hello,

Please apologise for very late answer, it seems I didn't get the notice from Splunk Answers.

What version are you running ?

The TA-nmon version 1.3.x had some issues in earlier versions, the last version available in store is expected to solve those issues. (currently version 1.3.22)

Happy to help you.

Regards,

Guilhem

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...