All Apps and Add-ons
Highlighted

Getting this error on my Splunk for VMware "Lookup table 'FullHierarchy' is empty."

Engager

I'm working on getting my VMware up and running in splunk, and I'm finally getting some data, but now i have this error showing up at the top of the screen. Any ideas where to start troubleshooting this at?

Lookup table 'FullHierarchy' is empty.

Any help would be great.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Highlighted

Re: Getting this error on my Splunk for VMware "Lookup table 'FullHierarchy' is empty."

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If you have installed this just now, it will take around an hour to get this lookup table populated. To ensure that all is healthy for this to be working in an hour check on the following:

1. Ensure you have added the splunkvmwareadmin user role to your admin user in Splunk
  2. Search for the following sourcetypes to ensure you have recently indexed data: "vmware:inv:hierarchy", "vmware:perf*", no need to define index as the user role will take care of that.

If these two criteria are met then you should be fine.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: Getting this error on my Splunk for VMware "Lookup table 'FullHierarchy' is empty."

Communicator

I am having the same problem as described above. Point 1 and 2 are both correct in my setup. Does anyone have further suggestions?

0 Karma
Highlighted

Explorer

Me too!! Does anybody solved this issue??

0 Karma