All Apps and Add-ons

Getting "No results found error" for status dashboard in Git Version Control for Splunk in production environment.

dshatto
Loves-to-Learn Everything

I have successfully installed the Git Version Control for Splunk app on my local environment. However, when I set it up in our prod environment I'm getting the following error: "No results found".

Can someone help me resolve the error?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

chrisyounger
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @dshatto

If you have followed all the instructions but the dashboard is empty, it is probably because you changed the index where the logs are stored. The dashboard expects the logs to be in the _internal index. If you used something else, edit the dashboard and change the searche/s to use that index instead.

Hope this helps,
Chris

0 Karma

dshatto
Loves-to-Learn Everything

I have the app working in a local test environment and now trying to get it working in production. Have installed and it is configured for _internal for index but no results are found. Have done a search for index=_internal and there is nothing. I created a report and saved it to see if it would pick that up but nothing.

0 Karma

chrisyounger
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I am sorry but I have no thoughts about why you would not be receiving any data at all. It sounds like the script is not being started correctly by Splunk itself. As soon as the script starts it will at the very least print the system time. I would check that the input is enabled, but it sounds like you have probably already done this.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...