All Apps and Add-ons

Getting error: not readable with exception [Errno 2] No such file or directory when attempting to add a directory input.

TX_Andy01
Explorer

I am getting error [Errno 2] when attempting to add a directory \fileshare\path\path\ as an input for a DMARC directory.

0 Karma

jorritf
Path Finder

Which of these assumptions is correct?
- you're running Splunk on Windows
- you're running Splunk as LOCAL\SYSTEM
- \fileshare\path1\path2\ is on a Windows server in the same domain as the Splunk server

On Windows, UNC paths are supported on the condition that you run Splunk under a service account that can access domain resources like the share you're accessing.

If however you run Splunk as LOCAL\SYSTEM on Windows, the best I've been able to come up with is using "psexec -s -i cmd.exe" and then "net use y: //fileshare/path/path /user:domain\someuser". Domain resources aren't available to LOCAL\SYSTEM so this as an ugly workaround to make them available as Y: drive while using some non-privileged domain user.

0 Karma

TX_Andy01
Explorer
  1. I am running Splunk on Linux
  2. Splunk is running as a Local\System
  3. The fileshare is on a windows server in the same domain.
0 Karma

jorritf
Path Finder

Ah Splunk on Linux has no concept of UNC paths or Windows domains so this will never work.
Best alternative is to mount the Windows share under /mnt/something. You should probably investigate mount -t cifs.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...