All Apps and Add-ons

Generate and Sign the Certificate Command for Windows

sdodson134

When I run the following command in openssl, I get an "error in req" error.

req -new -key myCAPrivateKey.key -out myCACertificate.csr -config D:\Program Files\Splunk\openssl.cnf

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong? This command is on page 64 of the Splunk-6.1.1-Security.pdf document under Generate and sign the certificate.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

sdodson134

Thanks for answering my question. The quotes for the config path worked.

req -new -key myCAPrivateKey.key -out myCACertificate.csr -config "D:\Program Files\Splunk\openssl.cnf"

0 Karma

lauMarot
Path Finder

try setting and using environment variable $SPLUNK_HOME use use quotes next to your openssl.cnf file path.

check you'r using the right SPLUNK openssl

openssl genrsa -des3 -out myCAPrivateKey.key 1024 -config "C:\Program Files\Splunk\openssl.cnf"

openssl req -new -key myCAPrivateKey.key -out myCACertificate.csr -config "C:\Program Files\Splunk\openssl.cnf"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...