All Apps and Add-ons

Forced directed graph node color customization based on behaviour

h52huang
Path Finder

Hi, is it possible to have more control on colors of node for forced directed graphs please?

For example,
if node A only has incoming edges, then I make it red;
if node B only has outgoing edges, I make it green;
and if node C has both incoming and outgoing edges, I make it black.

Thank you.

0 Karma

kuvinay

Hello all, Am trying to apply drilldown for this viz on node selection, unfortunately not working. Any ways around?

Looking for any answers.

Thanks

0 Karma

dperre_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi h52huang,

Mickey here and I am the developer of the app.

So what you are asking could be done technically but it would break the exisiting functionality.

Colouring is dynamic at this point in time so the viz will try and colour groups of nodes together

If you could describe why you want to distinguish these types of connections that would help me understand the problem

0 Karma

h52huang
Path Finder

@dperre
Thanks so much for answering this. Really appreciate. 🙂
In my case, I use the nodes to represent certain hosts in a network. It would be nice to distinguish visually among hosts that only has incoming traffic, outgoing traffic, or both.
Thanks again!!

0 Karma

dperre_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Have you tried enabling arrows on the visualisation? That will show you link direction 🙂

0 Karma

h52huang
Path Finder

Thank you very much @dperre
I enabled arrows and the link direction are great. There are fancy color controls on it too.

I just noticed there are colors on node too!!! But I am not sure what each color means. Is there a way to have custom control on the node colors please? I can only find the 'Line Color' control from form visualization.

Thanks again!!! Great tool!!

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@h52huang, you should try the Sankey Diagram Custom Visualization for this. If you use Categorical colors it should show you color starting from one node to other i.e. source to destination depending on your first column and seconds column respectively. Hope this helps 🙂

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...