All Apps and Add-ons

Extracting Fields Value

nilampakhare

Jul 16 21:54:45 Phase 0 ended (692 seconds)

CPU Time Status Skew Vertex

0.033 [ : 1] 0% Audit.Gather_Logs

0.097 [ : 1] 0% Audit.Start_Process_Step_Phase5_Run_SQL

5.409 [ :12] 0% DLY_INT_Processed_format

1.433 [ :12] 0% FUNC_INT_Processed_format

3.482 [ :12] 0% Filter_non_func_records

6.751 [ :12] 0% PTD_INT_Processed_format

16.066 [ :12] 0% Partition_and_Re_Sort_by_Firm_Acct_DLY.Partition_by_Key

Here in the above index i m not able to extract CPU Time that is all the values ...Only few of the values are being extracted like 0.033 and 0.097..Here I m not able to extract the complete set of values ..Please have a glance..

0 Karma

MarioM
Motivator

Have you tried:

... | multikv fields "CPU Time" "Status" "Skew Vertex" 
0 Karma

linu1988
Champion

If you are not having field names, you can use _raw for calculation.

You can make a |mvexpand _raw|rex field=_raw "?\d+.\d+"

MarioM
Motivator

it will depends on the original format of the data and the format in splunk...
You can try "... | multikv forceheader=2" 2 being the line number of the fields name as you see in splunk.
If still not working you can configure a multikv.conf http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/5.0.4/Admin/Multikvconf

0 Karma

nilampakhare

But for using multikv ..I need to extract the fields such as CPU Time ,Status ,etc ..r8 ?? In this case I am not able to extract the fields itself ...Can u please guide me through this..

0 Karma

lcrielaa
Communicator

"^\d+.\d+" as a regex will match any (1 or more) digit(s), then a period (.) and then another (1 or more) digit(s) at the beginning of a line.

0 Karma

kml_uvce
Builder

can you try this...

your search |rex "(?i)^(?P[^ ]+)" |table field_name

0 Karma

kml_uvce
Builder

If I understand, you want to extract CPU time values (0.033, 0.097,5.409 etc) in a field and each line in above data is an event, in query you will get field_name with these values...
your search |rex "(?i)^(?P[^ ]+)" |table cpu_time

0 Karma

nilampakhare

Here in this example I am not able to extract the values only for CPU Time...So here in this query in place of field_name , what do I need to mention ???

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...