All Apps and Add-ons

Excel Export Module

m4him7
Path Finder

I am using Splunk 6.0.1 and Excel Module 2.0.4 on win2008r2. I have tried firefox, explorer, chrome. I do not see the button displayed. I have read the documentation and there is no indication that there are manual configuration changes required. How do I get the Excel Export button to display?

0 Karma

m4him7
Path Finder

The link provided from mkinsley_splunk shows the export button but it always produces an 8 byte file with binary data.
I tried, explorer, firefox, and chrome.
I'm using version 2.0.4
Splunk 6.0.1

0 Karma

m4him7
Path Finder

The link provided from mkinsley_splunk shows the export button but it always produces an 8 byte file with binary data.
I'm using version 2.0.4
Splunk 6.0.1

0 Karma

m4him7
Path Finder

I'm using version 2.0.4
Splunk 6.0.1

0 Karma

mkinsley_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Excel Export provides it's own version of the flashtimeline view, called flashtimeline_excel. This is unchanged from previous versions.

Despite the name, flashtimeline_excel is not using Adobe Flash. The flashtimeline view became flash-free in Splunk5 but kept its old name.

In Splunk 6, the flashtimeline view is still available, but the default view for the search app is called "search".

Here's a list of each of the views I just referenced:

the Splunk6 or newer default search view:

/en-US/app/search/search

the Splunk5 default search view
/en-US/app/search/flashtimeline

search view with excel_export button:

/en-US/app/search/flashtimeline_excel

mkinsley_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello m4him7,

I'm afraid, I cannot reproduce your problem. What search are you running before hitting the export button?

0 Karma

m4him7
Path Finder

I'm using version 2.0.4
Splunk 6.0.1

0 Karma

MartinMcNutt
Communicator

One way is to modify your navigation menu to include the following:

<view name="flashtimeline_excel" />

This will add a menu choice of Search. Since this view is the Old Flash Based Splunk search..You may see two Search Menu items.

I dont think the Excel addin supports the Splunk 6 (non-flash) search page.

linu1988
Champion

It doesn't come automatically

Search with

server:8000/en-US/app/search/flashtimeline_excel

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...