All Apps and Add-ons

Error rendering Clustered Single Value Map Visualization visualization

gpareesi11
Path Finder

Hi,
What could be the issue of the following error using "Clustered Single Value Map Visualization":
Error rendering Clustered Single Value Map Visualization visualization.

Thank you

0 Karma

shaskell_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

To troubleshoot the issue I'd strip the search down to the minimum amount of fields required for it to work; latitude and longitude.

index=myindex latitude=\* longitude=\* | table latitude, longitude

If the graph fails to render with latitude and longitude you most likely have some bad values (not integers or floating point numbers) in either or both of the fields. You can use the following search to identify which events have latitude or longitude fields that aren't floating point numbers.

index=myindex latitude=\* longitude=\* | eval not_latitude=if(match(latitude, "[-+]?[0-9]\*\.?[0-9]+"), 0, 1), not_longitude=if(match(longitude, "[-+]?[0-9]\*\.?[0-9]+"), 0, 1) | search not_latitude=1 OR not_longitude=1

If you have bad latitude or longitude fields then you'll need to clean it up with an eval or exclude it somehow. The error messages for custom visualizations are very generic and there isn't an easy way to validate user input so I know how frustrating it can be to troubleshoot. Let me know if that doesn't solve your issue.

sk314
Builder

Thanks for this answer. It was indeed frustrating to debug...thankfully I dropped by your answer.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...