All Apps and Add-ons

Enhanced Timeline App customization ?

pgadhari
Builder

I am using "Enhanced Timeline" app for showing some milestones. Actually I have to show the milestones for 6 projects in a single panel. But the problem is the milestones are showing in UP/Down to each other, I want to show in a single X-Axis line. How can I do that, is there any way by changing the CSS we can achieve this. ? Attached is the image showing the issue ?

Once I can show in one line, I can append queries with different project milestone dates and show all project milestone status in single panel ? That is what my understanding is - if there is other way possible please suggest ?

Also suggest how can I show 5 projects milestone status in a single panel, as each horizontal line will represent each project status ? Please help this is bit urgent. Thanks.

My sample milestone.csv file has following fields :

Event Description,start,end,class
Milestone-1,10/01/2018,11/01/2018,green
Milestone-2,11/02/2018,02/01/2019,green
Milestone-3,02/02/2019,04/01/2019,orange
Milestone-4,04/02/2019,07/01/2019,orange
Milestone-5,07/02/2019,08/01/2019,red

alt text

0 Karma

pgadhari
Builder

@akouki_splunk - not sure you are right person I have tagged for "Enhanced Timelines App for Splunk", I just guessed it.. can you answer this question please ? Thanks in advance.

@niketnilay - if you have any solution on this, please suggest ? Thanks.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@pgadhari Enhanced Timeline custom visualization seems to be very old App which was built on 6.4 which uses previous Custom Visualization API not the latest. So any specific reason for not using the Timeline Custom visualization by Splunk or Event Timeline custom visualization which is compatible with latest Splunk version and App Inspect passed?

pgadhari
Builder

@pgadhari - Ya I know enhanced timeline is old app, but the visualization is quite good, as we can show the milestone names in the box itself on the graph. In Time custom viz, the milestone are showing as legends and not on the graph itself. That's why I choose enhanced one, as it shows the milestones properly, along with the date timelines. As management will understand these milestones properly instead of events or custom viz.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

How about Calendar - Custom Visualization?

pgadhari
Builder

I can explore that and see how it looks. I will check on it. But whether it is possible to make the changes i requested in enhanced timelines viz .. may be through some CSS or some trick ? Please advise ? Thanks.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

CSS can definitely be applied. However, I am skeptical downloading an app that is so old! Reason for it being Up & Down is to ensure they dont overlap when the Timeline windows are too small and may be the names are too big. Are you sure you will not run into that situation?

pgadhari
Builder

I can try to reduce the names and also Timelines windows are not overlapping - that I am sure. But my management has approved the look of the timelines, the only problem is this up/down stuff, hence I opened this question ? So if it is in straight line that it wud be helpful to understand better ???

0 Karma

pgadhari
Builder

@niketnilay - can you help in this ? Also, I want to disable the default "scrollwheelmouse" feature of the timeline - how it can be done ? any help would be much appreciated ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...