All Apps and Add-ons

ERROR ExecProcessor [690962 ExecProcessor] - Invalid user admin, provided in passAuth argument, attempted to execute co

raz_gp
Explorer

I recently updated the apps on a dev search head and got this new error showing up in my _internal logs. 
I don`t have any inputs configured currently in the add-on .
Has anyone else seen this ?

root@raz-spldevsh:/opt/splunk/etc/apps# tail -n5000 /opt/splunk/var/log/splunk/splunkd.log |grep -E "ERROR"
04-05-2024 11:26:08.663 +0000 ERROR ExecProcessor [690962 ExecProcessor] - Invalid user admin, provided in passAuth argument, attempted to execute command /opt/splunk/bin/python3.7 /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_ta_o365/bin/conf_migration.py
04-05-2024 11:26:08.686 +0000 ERROR ExecProcessor [690962 ExecProcessor] - Invalid user admin, provided in passAuth argument, attempted to execute command /opt/splunk/bin/python3.7 /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_ta_o365/bin/conf_migration.py
04-05-2024 11:26:08.699 +0000 ERROR ExecProcessor [690962 ExecProcessor] - Invalid user admin, provided in passAuth argument, attempted to execute command /opt/splunk/bin/python3.7 /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_ta_o365/bin/conf_migration.py

Splunk 9.0.3
App version: 4.5.1

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

marnall
Builder

It looks like a script in the splunk_ta_o365 app is attempting to use a nonexistent "admin" user. Does your dev instance have an "admin" user?

View solution in original post

marnall
Builder

It looks like a script in the splunk_ta_o365 app is attempting to use a nonexistent "admin" user. Does your dev instance have an "admin" user?

raz_gp
Explorer

Correct. 
I had a different user. Created an admin one and the error went away.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...