All Apps and Add-ons

Does the Google Maps App have a marker limitation?

jedatt01
Builder

I have created a custom implementation of the google maps mvc via web framework. I've noticed that no matter how many rows of data I pipe into the map from the search manager, the map will only display a maximum of 100 markers. I've checked in the javascript console and I can see clearly that my marker array is always capped at [100]. I've looked through the Google Maps app source code trying to figure out where this limitation is set but I cannot find it anyway. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Additional Information:

I tested this limit by creating a separate variable to store the search manager object before passing it into the googlemaps mvc........and it has 196 rows......but when I look that the object that is sent to the googlemaps mvc it is again capped at 100. Why is this happening?

before passing to googlemaps mvc:

u.has.r {cid: "c242", attributes: Object, _changing: false, _previousAttributes: Object, changed: Object…}
_changing: false
_data: Object
fields: Array[9]
init_offset: 0
preview: false
rows: Array[196]
[0 … 99]
[100 … 195]
length: 196
__proto__: Array[0]
__proto__: Object
_events: Object
_isFetching: false
_pending: false
_pendingFetchOptions: null
_previousAttributes: Object
attributes: Object
changed: Object
cid: "c242"
__proto__: i

After passing to googlemaps mvc:

u.has.r {cid: "c1755", attributes: Object, _changing: false, _previousAttributes: Object, changed: Object…}
    _changing: false
    _data: Object
    fields: Array[9]
    init_offset: 0
    preview: false
    rows: Array[100]
    length: 100
    __proto__: Array[0]
    __proto__: Object
    _events: Object
    _isFetching: false
    _pending: false
    _pendingFetchOptions: null
    _previousAttributes: Object
    attributes: Object
    changed: Object
    cid: "c1755"
    __proto__: i
0 Karma
1 Solution

jedatt01
Builder

With some help on Stackoverflow I was able to resolve this myself.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27841198/jquery-collection-array-length-being-capped-at-100/27841...

The googlemapview.js needs to be modified to remove the 100 result limit for the Splunk JS SDK. This is not a limitation of the googlemaps app, but is a default settings in the Splunk JS SDK. Reference this answers post for details on the limitation. http://answers.splunk.com/answers/52782/100-result-limit-in-js-sdk.html.

Below is the code that needs to be modified in googlemapview.js

Original

this.resultsModel = manager.data(this.settings.get("data"), {
            output_mode: "json_rows"
});

Modified

output_mode: "json_rows",
            count: 0
});

View solution in original post

jedatt01
Builder

With some help on Stackoverflow I was able to resolve this myself.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27841198/jquery-collection-array-length-being-capped-at-100/27841...

The googlemapview.js needs to be modified to remove the 100 result limit for the Splunk JS SDK. This is not a limitation of the googlemaps app, but is a default settings in the Splunk JS SDK. Reference this answers post for details on the limitation. http://answers.splunk.com/answers/52782/100-result-limit-in-js-sdk.html.

Below is the code that needs to be modified in googlemapview.js

Original

output_mode: "json_rows"
});

Modified

output_mode: "json_rows",
            count: 0
});
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...