All Apps and Add-ons

Does splunk support Appdynamics add-on integration if they are behind the SAML?

saurabh009
Path Finder

Hi,

To capture the appdynamics matrics in splunk we are trying to integrate App dynamics addon.
We have successfully integrated them and started collecting the data from App dynamics in those environments where authentication method used was LDAP.

we are getting 401 error for the environment where SAML is the authentication method.
Below is the error message.

ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "python /SPLUNKHOME/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_AppDynamics/bin/appdynamics_summary.py" ERROR401 Client Error: Unauthorized for url: https://IntentionallyMasked:8181/controller/rest/applications?output=JSON&time-range-type=BEFORE_NOW...

Does splunk supports App dynamics integration in SAML environment?

NOTE:-User id and password are same which are used to login to App Dynamics in those SAML environments.

Regards
Saurabh

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

saurabh009
Path Finder

Just for information to everyone.
Splunk support SAML integration but you can't access rest api of Appdynamics as a SAML user.
To fix the problem, need to create a local user in Appdynamics and same user can access rest Api for appdynamics.

Tried and tested worked perfectly fine.

View solution in original post

apurvaonprem

Hi Team,

I tried creating local user in Appdynamics and given the same credentials in add on input for appdynamics splunk. Still I am getting 401, unauthorized errors in splunk logs for appd rest URL. Can anyone please help me with fix?

Thanks,
Apurva,Hi Team,

I tried creating local user in Appdynamics and given the same credentials in add on input for appdynamics splunk. Still I am getting 401, unauthorized errors in splunk logs for appd rest URL. Can anyone please help me with fix?

Thanks,

0 Karma

prashantsreeniv
Observer

We are facing the same issue with a SaaS instance of AppDynamics. Can you please comment on the details of the inputs configured for the add-on to make it work?

0 Karma

saurabh009
Path Finder

Just for information to everyone.
Splunk support SAML integration but you can't access rest api of Appdynamics as a SAML user.
To fix the problem, need to create a local user in Appdynamics and same user can access rest Api for appdynamics.

Tried and tested worked perfectly fine.

prashantsreeniv
Observer

Hi Saurabh
Am facing the same issue with SAML configured on a SaaS instance of AppDynamics. The user has been created but am not getting any data in Splunk, just the same 401 error.
Could you please provide details on the inputs configured to make it work in your case?
Regards
Prashant

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...