All Apps and Add-ons

Does anyone know the hierarchy of log levels in DB Connect?

bschaap
Path Finder

Does anyone know the hierarchy of log levels in DB Connect? The documentation doesn't specify. If it's similar to Log4J then the hierarchy is as follows where the amount of information available increases as you go down the list. In other words, ERROR would provide the least information and TRACE would provide the most.

ERROR
WARN
INFO <-- default value in DB Connect
DEBUG
TRACE

0 Karma
1 Solution

kheo_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I have tested a bit with TRACE logging level and noticed that it included DEBUG message as well. So TRACE logging level seems to be the most verbose as you already pointed out.

TRACE DEBUG INFO WARN ERROR (from most to least verbose).

View solution in original post

0 Karma

kheo_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I have tested a bit with TRACE logging level and noticed that it included DEBUG message as well. So TRACE logging level seems to be the most verbose as you already pointed out.

TRACE DEBUG INFO WARN ERROR (from most to least verbose).

0 Karma

bschaap
Path Finder

Sorry my question may not have been clear. I'm asking for clarification on which log levels provide the most information within DB Connect.

0 Karma

Azeemering
Builder

Trace logs the most

0 Karma

Azeemering
Builder

Like you mentioned DB Connect has the following loglevels:

INFO (default)
ERROR
DEBUG
WARN
TRACE

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...