All Apps and Add-ons

Do I need to install the Splunk Add-on for Check Point OPSEC LEA on both search heads and indexers running Splunk 6.4.1?

pinVie
Path Finder

Hi,

I am currently working on a 6.4.1 environment and I need to use the Splunk Add-on for Check Point OPSEC LEA, but this is only available for 6.3.x.
What I did for now is to set up a 6.3.x Heavy Forwarder and installed the OPSEC Add-on there -> everything fine.

But according to the documentation, I have to install it on the Search heads and Indexers as well. Do I have to downgrade them all, or can I just install the app? I assume indexers and search heads only use parts of the app that should work on Splunk 6.4.1 as well - like props.conf, transforms.conf, lookups, ... Is this correct?

Thank you !

0 Karma
1 Solution

jgedeon120
Contributor

You should be fine installing the TA on 6.4 for the field extractions.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

javiergn
Super Champion

Keep in mind a new version of the OPSEC LEA app should be released any time soon so might want to wait a few weeks.
See this: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/407882/will-the-opsec-lea-add-on-be-updated-to-support-sp.html

0 Karma

jgedeon120
Contributor

You should be fine installing the TA on 6.4 for the field extractions.

0 Karma

pinVie
Path Finder

That's what i wanted to hear 🙂 thx

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...