All Apps and Add-ons

DBConnect indexing

ccsfdave
Builder

Greetings,

Pure and simple question, how can I get DBConnect to index data? I followed the Deploy and Use DBConnect line by line but nothing I do seems to index the data. I guess the ideal would be to run a SQL query so that I may limit what needs to be indexed - but at this point, I'll take anything!

I have a column (revisionID) for the value that increments.

I feel like I have spent a long time trying to figure this out and have my ducks in a row, but just can't get it working.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Dave

0 Karma
1 Solution

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, it's the Database Inputs button on the far right. You're really setting up a fancy Splunk input, see http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/latest/DeployDBX/Configuredatabasemonitoring for more detail.

View solution in original post

gregbujak
Path Finder

Can you post your .conf file? Also, what are you seeing in your dbx.log and jbridge.log?

0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, it's the Database Inputs button on the far right. You're really setting up a fancy Splunk input, see http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/latest/DeployDBX/Configuredatabasemonitoring for more detail.

ccsfdave
Builder

I am not sure why it wasn't working before because I had some database inputs previously, I deleted those and recreated some, now it seems to be working. Odd.

Thanks for the help!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...