All Apps and Add-ons

DBConnect 1 on Splunk 6.5.3

bnewcomb79
Explorer

On a client site and they're running dbconnect 1 on 6.1 ... I know it's unsupported, but will dbconnect 1 still function on 6.5.3? We're planning on upgrading the core infra to 6.5.3 and then moving to dbconnect 3. Should dbconnect be upgraded in advance?

0 Karma
1 Solution

corey_dick
Path Finder

We're currently running DB Connect 1 on Enterprise 6.5.3. Just so you know we are seeing incredibly very different query times between DB Connect 1 and 3. For example, a SQL query ran through dbquery from DB Connect 1 will return in 9 to 12 seconds; however, when the same SQL query is ran through dbxquery from DB Connect 3 it takes 300 to 700 seconds to complete. I'm not sure why exactly but on some comments in this (https://answers.splunk.com/answers/243910/splunk-db-connect-2-is-there-a-known-search-perfor.html) I'm guessing that the health logging built into DB Connect 2 and 3 is the culprit. Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

corey_dick
Path Finder

We're currently running DB Connect 1 on Enterprise 6.5.3. Just so you know we are seeing incredibly very different query times between DB Connect 1 and 3. For example, a SQL query ran through dbquery from DB Connect 1 will return in 9 to 12 seconds; however, when the same SQL query is ran through dbxquery from DB Connect 3 it takes 300 to 700 seconds to complete. I'm not sure why exactly but on some comments in this (https://answers.splunk.com/answers/243910/splunk-db-connect-2-is-there-a-known-search-perfor.html) I'm guessing that the health logging built into DB Connect 2 and 3 is the culprit. Hope that helps.

0 Karma

bnewcomb79
Explorer

I would have killed to have this answer last week! Still very helpful! Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

New This Month - Observability Updates Give Extended Visibility and Improve User ...

This month is a collection of special news! From Magic Quadrant updates to AppDynamics integrations to ...

Intro to Splunk Synthetic Monitoring

In our last post, we mentioned that the 3 key pieces of observability – metrics, logs, and traces – provide ...