All Apps and Add-ons

DB Connect with Apple OSX

dxw350
Path Finder

I am not getting it to work. I am trying to get an answer as to whether DB Connect would work with SPlunk. I am using OSX

Tags (2)
0 Karma

splunkLPN
Path Finder

With the 2.41 version on 6.6.11 I can't load the postgresql driver.
with the 3.13 I can't load DB connect
RPC connection OK.
Some are saying it's OK with MySQL. It's look like it's spend on the driver you need.

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The DB Connect system requirements do not mention OS X as a supported operating system - just Linux and Windows Server.

(Yes, that topic also mentions Safari as a supported browser, which is a little confusing. I will look into that and we will correct it if necessary.)

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

We have clarified the topic to make it clearer that you have to install DB Connect in a Splunk platform environment on Linux or Windows, but you can access it from a server running Mac OS/Safari.

0 Karma

cpetterborg
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm not sure, but the Java configuration will be your biggest huddle to overcome since it is on a Mac (well, it is on linux and windows, but will be more difficult on a Mac). Be sure to read all the docs carefully. If you have error messages, post them here for everyone to see.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...