All Apps and Add-ons

DB Connect -- can't even get to first screen

grittonc
Contributor

I just installed DB Connect for my local windows instance, and when I try to open the DB Connect app I don't even get to the first screen shown in the "Set up Splunk DB Connect" documentation.

Instead of this:

alt text

I get a blank screen with the three cycling dots at the top:
alt text

Since installing the app I also have a new Splunk message: "Unable to initialize modular input "server" defined inside the app "splunk_app_db_connect": Introspecting scheme=server: script running failed (exited with code 255)."

Does anyone have any ideas?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

grittonc
Contributor

I installed version 2 and it worked without a hitch. I never discovered the issue with version 3.

View solution in original post

rafamss
Contributor

Hi @grittonc,

I've passed for the same problem and I resolved this issue enabling the port (9998 or any that you want) in the firewall in my CentOS 7.

firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-port=9998/tcp --permanent

I hope help you.

[ ]s
Rafael Martins

0 Karma

grittonc
Contributor

I installed version 2 and it worked without a hitch. I never discovered the issue with version 3.

niketn
Legend

Did you upgrade DB Connect from 2 to 3 or was this first time install?

grittonc
Contributor

Also should mention that I'm Splunk version 6.5.3.

0 Karma

grittonc
Contributor

Brand new install.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...