All Apps and Add-ons

DB Connect 2: DBoutput tests OK, but why does the scheduled output fail to insert search results in the database with an "Unauthorized" error in dbx2.log?

jkleensang
Path Finder

Fresh install of DB Connect 2 (2.1.2) on Splunk Enterprise search head (6.3.1). We've been able to configure a Connection, Identity, and an Output and everything tests fine. However, the scheduled db output fails to insert the search results in to the database. The only error is in the dbx2.log:

02/03/2016 15:00:02 [CRITICAL] [mi_output.py] HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized

I can't find any denials in audittrail. No related errors show up in any of the internal indexes. From what I can tell, the dboutput runs as "admin", which has all perms. None of the app permissions have been changed from their default(s).

Has anyone seen this before? I feel there's something obvious I'm missing....

0 Karma
1 Solution

jkleensang
Path Finder

This issue seems to be resolved. I had upgraded sa-ldapsearch to 2.1.3, but that didn't fix the problem. Then I upgraded splunk to 6.4.0 and didn't think it had resolved the issue, but didn't realize that the scheduled search using this connection had been disabled. When I got back around to troubleshooting this issue, I re-enabled it and everything now works as expected. Not an answer, but at least resolution!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jkleensang
Path Finder

This issue seems to be resolved. I had upgraded sa-ldapsearch to 2.1.3, but that didn't fix the problem. Then I upgraded splunk to 6.4.0 and didn't think it had resolved the issue, but didn't realize that the scheduled search using this connection had been disabled. When I got back around to troubleshooting this issue, I re-enabled it and everything now works as expected. Not an answer, but at least resolution!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...