All Apps and Add-ons

Count based on a rolling average

akpadhi
Explorer

I have following query which provides me details of a db userid whenever the count crosses X value, however I want to modify this to a dynamic search based on a rolling average of that value for last 10 days. Can you pls help?

index=abc sourcetype=DBConnectionUsage  | spath cdb | spath pdb | spath application_user | search cdb=* pdb=* application_user = "*" cluster="E3"| bin span=30m _time| stats sum(connection_count) as connection_count by application_user, pdb | where connection_count >100

I want to modify the where condition to where connection_count > 'avg (conn count for last 10 days)'.

Labels (4)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I presume you want time to be part of your stats and that the ten day average is for application_user and pdb.

index=abc sourcetype=DBConnectionUsage  
| spath cdb 
| spath pdb 
| spath application_user 
| search cdb=* pdb=* application_user = "*" cluster="E3"
| bin span=30m _time
| stats sum(connection_count) as connection_count by _time, application_user, pdb 
| streamstats time_window=10d avg(connection_count) as tendayavg by application_user, pdb
| where connection_count > tendayavg
0 Karma

akpadhi
Explorer

@ITWhisperer i am getting an error Error in 'streamstats' command: time_window can only be used on input that is sorted in time order (both ascending and descending order are ok).

tried few options nothing worked, can you pls cross check..

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| stats ... by _time ...

should be sorting by _time for you

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...