All Apps and Add-ons

Configuration issues

scottgiese

Greetings,

I have attempted to install this on my Win 7 machine and connect it to our enterprise GAPPS environment. When bringing up the Google Apps for your Domain app and choosing one of the options like "Google Apps Disk Space Report" the "Domain" field comes up blank. I have run the set up and generated my oath file (although the set up process tries to drop the oath file in c:\opt\splunk..etc when Windows defaults to C:\Program Files\Splunk..etc. I have copied the oath files to the C:\Program Files\Splunk directory as well but this has not resolved the issue. Can you assist me in what I may be missing?

Thanks in advance.

0 Karma

bawood
Path Finder

You also have to configure the inputs.conf, which isn't mentioned in the docs, except there is a README directory in the app. Copy the inputs.conf.spec to local/inputs.conf and make the appropriate changes. After that, you'll need to restart Splunk. The app should then run the googleapp script to pull the reports from Google's API and write them to the lookups directory, if the csv files in that directory have a non-zero size, you'll know it's working. It take a little while for it to run. Hope that helps.

scottgiese

No solution yet. I am still working on it. If I come up with a solution I will post it here.

0 Karma

cyndiback
Path Finder

Same issue here...Did you find a solution?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...