All Apps and Add-ons

Clustered Single Value Map Visualization: Why is part of my map missing on initial rendering?

ww9rivers
Communicator

I am working on a dashboard using the visualization provided in the "Clustered Single Value Map Visualization" app, which works quite well, except when the map is initially rendered -- see screenshot below:

https://goo.gl/photos/DNwGJjro4UzEmJgH7

Moving the map or zooming in/out would not fix the map rendering. But when I resize the browser window in anyway, e.g., maximize/restore, the map starts to be rendered just fine. Everything would work fine after that until the entire page is reloaded.

We are running Splunk Enterprise v6.4.2. The app is up to the latest 1.3.6.

Any help would much appreciated.

0 Karma
1 Solution

shaskell_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I found the issue. I'm about to release a new version of the app later today or early tomorrow with a new feature. I'll include this fix with that release. Thanks for using the visualization and I appreciate the feedback on the bug!

View solution in original post

shaskell_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I found the issue. I'm about to release a new version of the app later today or early tomorrow with a new feature. I'll include this fix with that release. Thanks for using the visualization and I appreciate the feedback on the bug!

shaskell_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The new version (1.3.7) is now live on Splunkbase. The fix is included in this app.

Clustered Single Value Map Visualization

0 Karma

ww9rivers
Communicator

I just installed the new version, 1.3.8, actually. But that gives me an error message. 😞

My Splunk search head is still 6.4.2. I could try to upgrade that to 6.4.3 if that helps.

0 Karma

shaskell_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If this is a saved search in a dashboard, select 'Edit' -> 'Edit Panels'. Click on the pen/paintbrush icon to format the visualization. That should re-populate the visualization with all the new options that may be missing. Click 'Done' and hopefully the panel renders normally.

0 Karma

shaskell_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I think I found your issue. I've posted version 1.3.9 with a fix. Please try that.

weiwang1
Engager

It works now. Thank you!

0 Karma

shaskell_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Have you had a chance to try the latest version? Please accept the answer if it is working for you. Thanks.

0 Karma

ww9rivers
Communicator

1.3.7 gives me the same error as 1.3.8:

Error rendering Clustered Single Value Map Visualization visualization.

0 Karma

shaskell_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thanks for the feedback. I think I see what happened. Did you change the default height of the map by chance? It defaults to 600. I'll look into fixing it shortly.

0 Karma

ww9rivers
Communicator

Yes, that is changed to 800:

<option name="leaflet_maps_app.leaflet_maps.defaultHeight">800</option>

I'll see what happens when that is left to the default.

Thanks for the quick response.

0 Karma

ww9rivers
Communicator

Well, I deleted that line from the dashboard. But the map rendering behaves the same way. 😞

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...