All Apps and Add-ons

Cisco eStreamer eNcore Add-on for Splunk: Why am I getting this error?

ccsfdave
Builder
2017-09-20 10:35:35,559 estreamer.subscriber ERROR    EncoreException: The server returned an invalid version (0) - expected 1. This is likely to be caused by CSCve44987 which is present on both FMC 6.1.0.3 and 6.2.0.1. For more information see: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCve44987. Message={'version': 0, 'length': 0, 'messageType': 1}\nTraceback (most recent call last):\n  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-eStreamer/bin/encore/estreamer/subscriber.py", line 219, in start\n    self.__tryHandleNextResponse()\n  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-eStreamer/bin/encore/estreamer/subscriber.py", line 158, in __tryHandleNextResponse\n    message = self.connection.response()\n  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-eStreamer/bin/encore/estreamer/connection.py", line 203, in response\n    raise estreamer.EncoreException( errMsg.format( version, str(message) ))\nEncoreException: The server returned an invalid version (0) - expected 1. This is likely to be caused by CSCve44987 which is present on both FMC 6.1.0.3 and 6.2.0.1. For more information see: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCve44987. Message={'version': 0, 'length': 0, 'messageType': 1}\n

I am getting an error pointing at this bug.

Any thoughts on a fix?

0 Karma
1 Solution

douglashurd
Builder

You will need to patch to 6.1.0.5.

View solution in original post

douglashurd
Builder

You will need to patch to 6.1.0.5.

ccsfdave
Builder

I will let the SME decide which path to follow - I'll accept which works for us - realizing that both may be a fix

0 Karma

ccsfdave
Builder

The SME updated to 6.2.2.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...