All Apps and Add-ons

Cisco IOS app is not showing any data

zoh
Explorer

I have data coming in sourcertype "syslog" and i have installed Cisco IOS and Technology add-on however i do not see any data in Cisco IOS application. How to troubleshoot the issue?

Sample log:
Jun 2 11:50:06 10.192.2.4 1203936: 4510-Switch: Jun 2 11:51:22.422: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface GigabitEthernet8/3, changed state to up

0 Karma

dominik13
Engager

I'm having the a similar issue.

I have configured 2 source types that are receiving Data:
cisco:asa (udp 5514, used for ASA)
cisco_syslog (udp 514, used for the IOS devices)

I selected these from the drop-downs when I created the listeners (I didn't see 'syslog' in the drop-downs when creating the switch source type).

Since the TA is looking for the 'syslog' source-type, what modifications can I make so that it will find the cisco_syslog sourcetype and convert it?

0 Karma

mikaelbje
Motivator

Hi,

1. The Technology Add-On should transform your "syslog" sourcetype to sourcetype "cisco:ios". You need to make sure the technology add-on is installed on the indexer. If you have a combined search head and indexer you install both the TA and the Cisco IOS app on that server. After you install the TA you need to restart the Splunk indexer
  2. The Cisco IOS app searches the "cisco:ios" sourcetype. It will not display any data for the "syslog" sourcetype.

Please post a screenshot of your results searching for that event. Include the "index" and "sourcetype" fields.

For your reference the sample log you posted matches the regex transform in the TA, which means the transform should work as long as the apps are installed as described in the documentation.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...