All Apps and Add-ons

Cisco AMP for Endpoints Events Input is logging a 403 error

dryarashus

I've installed and configured the Cisco AMP for Endpoints Events Input app 2.0.2, and the API calls seem to work, but data isn't coming in, instead repetitively logging into $SPLUNK_HOME/var/log/splunk/amp4e_events_input.log the following messages:

2022-03-31 11:35:05,815 ERROR Amp4eEvents - Consumer Error that does not look like connection failure! See the traceback below.
2022-03-31 11:35:05,816 ERROR Amp4eEvents - Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/amp4e_events_input/bin/util/stream_consumer.py", line 34, in run
    self._connection = pika.BlockingConnection(pika.URLParameters(self._url))
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/amp4e_events_input/bin/pika/adapters/blocking_connection.py", line 377, in __init__
    self._process_io_for_connection_setup()
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/amp4e_events_input/bin/pika/adapters/blocking_connection.py", line 417, in _process_io_for_connection_setup
    self._open_error_result.is_ready)
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/amp4e_events_input/bin/pika/adapters/blocking_connection.py", line 469, in _flush_output
    raise maybe_exception
pika.exceptions.ProbableAuthenticationError: (403, 'ACCESS_REFUSED - Login was refused using authentication mechanism PLAIN. For details see the broker logfile.') 

I don't know what broker logfile it's suggesting I reference, or how to fix this error since the authentication type is hard-coded in the app.  All the errors I'm finding when I search relate to RabbitMQ.

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...