I've installed DB Connect and Splunk enterprise on a trial basis.
I've installed the correct jdbc driver for SQl server and was able to define Inputs, connections, and identities.
I've gone into the SQL Explorer and generated queries that I opened in Search in the DB Connect page.
I've even cut-and-pasted the search expression from the Db Connect search page into the Search & Reporting page.
...so far, so good.
However, in the Search and Reporting page, I only see a "Waiting for Data" message in the Data Summary page, and if I click the Data Summary button, I only see a "waiting for results..." message under the Hosts, Sources, and Sourcetypes tabs — I thought I would see the sourcetypes that were generated under DB Connect.
In the splunkd.log, I see the following error msgs:
ERROR ExecProcessor - message from ""C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\splunk_app_db_connect\windows_x86_64\bin\server.exe"" 15:33:23.311 [main] INFO com.splunk.dbx.utils.TrustManagerUtil - action=load_key_manager_succeed
The following two messages are repeated:
ERROR ExecProcessor - message from ""C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\splunk_app_db_connect\windows_x86_64\bin\server.exe"" action=default_task_server_not_found
ERROR ExecProcessor - message from ""C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\splunk_app_db_connect\windows_x86_64\bin\server.exe"" com.splunk.dbx.server.bootstrap.TaskServerStart.startTaskServer(TaskServerStart.java:90)\\com.splunk.dbx.server.bootstrap.TaskServerStart.streamEvents(TaskServerStart.java:72)\\com.splunk.modularinput.Script.run(Script.java:66)\\com.splunk.modularinput.Script.run(Script.java:44)\\com.splunk.dbx.server.bootstrap.TaskServerStart.main(TaskServerStart.java:150)\\
I believe there is a configuration problem, but I can't find where to look for it, or frankly, what it might be..