All Apps and Add-ons

Can you help me with my Splunk Db Connect error?: splunkd.log interpretation

rssimonis

Splunk Enterprise Version:7.2.4.2; Build: fb30470262e3
Splunk DB Connect Version: 3.1.4; Build: 43

I've installed DB Connect and Splunk enterprise on a trial basis.

I've installed the correct jdbc driver for SQl server and was able to define Inputs, connections, and identities.

I've gone into the SQL Explorer and generated queries that I opened in Search in the DB Connect page.

I've even cut-and-pasted the search expression from the Db Connect search page into the Search & Reporting page.

...so far, so good.

However, in the Search and Reporting page, I only see a "Waiting for Data" message in the Data Summary page, and if I click the Data Summary button, I only see a "waiting for results..." message under the Hosts, Sources, and Sourcetypes tabs — I thought I would see the sourcetypes that were generated under DB Connect.

In the splunkd.log, I see the following error msgs:

ERROR ExecProcessor - message from ""C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\splunk_app_db_connect\windows_x86_64\bin\server.exe"" 15:33:23.311 [main] INFO com.splunk.dbx.utils.TrustManagerUtil - action=load_key_manager_succeed

The following two messages are repeated:

ERROR ExecProcessor - message from ""C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\splunk_app_db_connect\windows_x86_64\bin\server.exe"" action=default_task_server_not_found

ERROR ExecProcessor - message from ""C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\splunk_app_db_connect\windows_x86_64\bin\server.exe"" com.splunk.dbx.server.bootstrap.TaskServerStart.startTaskServer(TaskServerStart.java:90)\\com.splunk.dbx.server.bootstrap.TaskServerStart.streamEvents(TaskServerStart.java:72)\\com.splunk.modularinput.Script.run(Script.java:66)\\com.splunk.modularinput.Script.run(Script.java:44)\\com.splunk.dbx.server.bootstrap.TaskServerStart.main(TaskServerStart.java:150)\\

I believe there is a configuration problem, but I can't find where to look for it, or frankly, what it might be..

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...