All Apps and Add-ons

Can splunk db connect app in version 8 communicate with Splunk UI with version 7

akarivaratharaj
Communicator

I have my Splunk DB connect app installed on one of the servers with splunk version 8. My search app is installed on another server with Splunk Enterprise version 7, which is considered as the Splunk UI.

Do the DB connect app from version 8 communicate with search head with version 7?

Because none of my job inputs in DB connect app are sending logs to my search head of version 7.

Could anyone please help on this issue.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

akarivaratharaj
Communicator

We had the issue with DB connect version. So the app is upgraded to the current version. Now the app is working fine.

The issue is resolved.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

akarivaratharaj
Communicator

We had the issue with DB connect version. So the app is upgraded to the current version. Now the app is working fine.

The issue is resolved.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

We would need to know more about your Splunk environment, including the number that comes after the 7, what instance type is running DB Connect, and why logs are being sent to a SH instead of an indexer. 

Perhaps https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.1.2/DistSearch/Distsearchsystemrequirements#Compatibi... will help answer your question.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...