All Apps and Add-ons

Can Splunk DB Connect v3.x and TA-OMS_Inputs co-exist?

rxdeleon
Explorer

I've just installed the add-on TA-OMS_Inputs and it appears to be incompatible with Splunk DB Connect. I get the below error when I access the DB Connect app.

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/splunk/bin/rest_handler.py", line 79, in <module> print splunk.rest.dispatch(**params) File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/rest/init.py", line 149, in dispatch module = import('splunk.rest.external.%s' % parts[0], None, None, parts[0]) File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/bin/dbxproxy.py", line 4, in <module> import requests File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-OMS_Inputs/bin/requests/init.py", line 43, in <module> import urllib3 ImportError: No module named urllib3

@jkat54
Splunk DB Connect v3.1.2
TA-OMS_Inputs v1.1
Oracle JRE 1.8_162

1 Solution

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Can you please upgrade to the latest version of the app (v1.2) and let me know if the problem is resolved?

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3764

If the upgrade doesnt resolve the issue please check to be sure there isnt a "requests" folder here:

splunk_home/etc/appName/bin/requests

Thanks,
JKat

View solution in original post

samhodgson
Path Finder

Had the same with:

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/splunk/bin/rest_handler.py", line 79, in <module> print splunk.rest.dispatch(**params) File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/rest/init.py", line 149, in dispatch module = import('splunk.rest.external.%s' % parts[0], None, None, parts[0]) File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/bin/dbxproxy.py", line 4, in <module> import requests File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-Swimlane/bin/requests/init.py", line 43, in <module> import urllib3 ImportError: No module named urllib3

Renaming the /opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-Swimlane/bin/requests folder fixed the issue 🙂

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Can you please upgrade to the latest version of the app (v1.2) and let me know if the problem is resolved?

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3764

If the upgrade doesnt resolve the issue please check to be sure there isnt a "requests" folder here:

splunk_home/etc/appName/bin/requests

Thanks,
JKat

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hey @rxdeleon,

Can you let the community know if this resolved the problem by accepting the answer?

Or if it didnt help, send a reply 😉

TIA!

0 Karma

rxdeleon
Explorer

Hi Michael,

The Splunk DB Connect is now working properly after removing the requests folder.

Thanks for your help.

Rex

0 Karma

rxdeleon
Explorer

Hello @jkat54. Did you get the chance to look into this issue? Thank you so much for your time.

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I got close but ran out of time. I’m curious if you get this error when you change the webtools app from global to app level only.

0 Karma

rxdeleon
Explorer

Sorry but I'm not sure I understand. Is there another TA or app that I need to install along with TA-OMS_Inputs?

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

No, I’m actually trying to develop a fix for you. When I have one, I’ll be in touch ASAP!

Thanks again!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...