All Apps and Add-ons

Can I use Splunk DB Connect to monitor the Database Connections and can I use the same feature to use in another app?

nithin204
Explorer

Can the Splunk DB Connect add-on be used to monitor database connections and can i use the same feature/dashboard implemented to our own customized dashboard to monitor the domains associated database server connections?

If yes, please suggest steps? Appreciate your reply and suggestions.

Thanks
NRR

0 Karma

jscraig2006
Communicator

If you are just looking for db connections, you can create an input in DB Connect and maybe use the stored procedure sp_who . Although i have not tested this.

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

hello nithin204,
for the first part of your question, i strongly believe the answer is yes. community, please correct me here if I am wrong. not sure what you imply on the second part, not sure what is your "own customized dashboard" is it a splunk dashboard?
hope it slightly helps

0 Karma

nithin204
Explorer

Thanks .
I was referring to " our project customized dashboard/app " that am developing .
It was a thought to embedding the similar health check dashboard where the feature of it would help end users to know if the Databases are up and running .

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Could you provide more details on what you expect to do when you say "monitor database connections"? Are planning to run some randon/generic query to check if database is accessible?

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

still not sure I understand your question in full. do you want to create a dashboard, similar to the Health one pre-built in DBX app on a different tool?
are you trying to relay on the data splunk is collecting in splunk? do you want to use this data outside of splunk? do you want to use the connection features DBX presents in another tool?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...