All Apps and Add-ons

BOX TA for Splunk issues

abbasvakil
Observer

I configured Splunk's latest Box TA and I am receiving "Connection reset by peer" any suggestions on what the issue could be? Following is a snippet from splunkd.log

09-29-2021 18:56:48.754 -0400 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "/opt/splunk/splunk/bin/python3.7 /opt/splunk/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_box/bin/box_service.py" WARNING:boxsdk.network.default_network:Request "GET https://api.box.com/2.0/events?stream_type=admin_logs&limit=500&stream_position=0&created_after=2021..." failed with ConnectionError exception: ConnectionError(ProtocolError('Connection aborted.', ConnectionResetError(104, 'Connection reset by peer')))

My box.conf for the TA is as follows

##
## SPDX-FileCopyrightText: 2021 Splunk, Inc. <sales@splunk.com>
## SPDX-License-Identifier: LicenseRef-Splunk-1-2020
##
##
[box_default]
folder_fields = type,id,name,size,sequence_id,etag,item_status,permissions,created_at,modified_at,has_collaborations,can_non_owners_invite,tags,created_by,modified_by,parent,path_collection,shared_link
collaboration_fields = type,id,created_by,created_at,modified_at,expires_at,status,accessible_by,role,acknowledged_at,item
file_fields = type,id,name,owned_by,comment_count,version_number,created_at,modified_at,purged_at,trashed_at,size,content_created_at,content_modified_at,file_version,description,path_collection,shared_link
task_fields = type,id,item,due_at,action,message,is_completed,created_by,created_at
comment_fields = type,id,is_reply_comment,message,tagged_message,item,modified_at,created_by,created_at
user_fields = type,id,name,login,created_at,modified_at,role,timezone,space_amount,space_used,max_upload_size,can_see_managed_users,is_external_collab_restricted,status,job_title,phone,address,avatar_url,is_exempt_from_device_limits,is_exempt_from_login_verification,enterprise,my_tags
created_after =
collection_interval = 120
priority = 10
record_count = 500
use_thread_pool = 1
url = https://api.box.com
restapi_base = https://api.box.com/2.0
disable_ssl_certificate_validation = True

Labels (1)
0 Karma

edhealea
Path Finder

Did you find a resolution to this issue? I am having the same issue after upgrading from 3.2.0 to 3.3.2.
Thanks

0 Karma

abbasvakil
Observer

No I have not figured out a solution. I have narrowed down the issue to when routing API calls via a proxy. It works fine in a non-proxy environment. I first thought the issue is around certificates etc and imported them also with no luck

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...