All Apps and Add-ons

Applications

jada7984

To whom it my concern,

Good morning to you all. My name is Jason S. and I work in the Cyber and Defense section for the company I work for. We are now using splunk but it is not working to its full potential. I am working with my SysAds to get splunk ES to help my section with our daily activities. Currently we use SolarWinds to update our baselines for Palo Alto and Brocade within its configuration management.  I was wondering if splunk could help us update our baselines similar to how SolarWinds does.  When our SysAds have to update any config files it is our job to update the baselines. Any information would be greatly helpful with us implementing splunk as a reliable asset. If you have any question please feel free to contact me via email.

Thank you all for your time,

Jason S. 

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @jada7984,

Splunk isn't a system for update configuration files outside itself, but it's the best to index, analyze and correlate logs.

It can easily update its own configuration files; it eventually (but it's a forcing) can execute scripts containing commands that launch upgrade or installation commands.

I don't hint to you to use Splunk for this because there are other systems (e.g. Ansible) that make this work better (it's their job!)!

In addition I hint to use the correct parameters to evaluate Splunk that's fantastic for it's job: it's the same thing if you want to use Excel to write a letter: you you can do it, but it isn't it's job and others make it better!

Ciao.

Giuseppe

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

For your security, I removed your personal information from the posting.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...