All Apps and Add-ons

App for Windows Infrastructure 1.0.1

rmsit
Communicator

Hello, all. I just upgraded the subject app and now not able to view the built in Event Monitoring and Performance Monitoring overview screens. I can however view them from the dashboard builder. Any suggestions? Thanks.

1 Solution

rbal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This is being investigated by Splunk and Bug#MSAPP-2633 has been logged to track it.

View solution in original post

rbal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This is being investigated by Splunk and Bug#MSAPP-2633 has been logged to track it.

tprzelom
Path Finder

I went from 1.0.0 and all my Windows Infra App menu and dashboards are broken. Fresh install of 1.0.2 didn't yield any results

0 Karma

rmsit
Communicator

Thanks Splunk Team! Updating to 1.0.2 did resolve the issue. Now, on the apps home page the button to configure the app reads "Tools&Settings" Is that correct? Also, will the positioning of data (All Index Data section) on the Windows Overview page be adjusted in the future so results do not overlap? Currenlty, my Sources and Source Type results overlap which did not occur in the Windows 5.x app.

0 Karma

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

neiljpeterson: we provide the ticket number for reference because it will be listed in the release notes when the fix is available, but the bug tracking system is not publicly available.

0 Karma

rbal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Version 1.0.2 addressed this issue, and it is now available for download.

http://apps.splunk.com/app/1680/

neiljpeterson
Communicator

Um... dumb question but, how do I get to the bug tracker?

0 Karma

rmsit
Communicator

Just venting here. The new Windows Infrastructure app really needs to be reviewed from a UI perspective. When you compare the fit and finish (how it looks) to the legacy Windows App, the latter wins in my opinion. I'm looking forward to future updates!

rmsit
Communicator

Yes, from the Windows menu I see Event Monitoring and Performance Monitoring and they are not greyed out. When I click either link the next page shows the Splunk menu at the top and only the "More Reports" section below and no data in-between.

0 Karma

tmeader
Contributor

I posted about this last night actually. Looks like there's a bug with the menus in the new release. Hopefully they update this quickly:

http://answers.splunk.com/answers/135779/menus-broken-in-new-version-of-splunk-app-for-windows-infra...

Between this and the major issue with the Settings menu being completely broken with the initial releases of 6.1 and 6.0.4, I'm hoping that basic UI testing gets a little more attention in future releases going forward. 🙂

rsennett_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Just to clarify... you click on the Windows menu, and the dropdown produces a menu of Dashboards. Do you see Event Monitoring and Performance Monitoring in the menu? For me they are the first two selections. Are they gray? What happens when you click on the link?

With Splunk... the answer is always "YES!". It just might require more regex than you're prepared for!
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...