All Apps and Add-ons

After upgrading Splunk DB Connect to 2.3.0, why am I unable to create new connections anymore and get an "HTTP 404" error?

Path Finder

Hello Splunkers,

Since updating the DB Connect App from 2.2 to 2.3, I'm not able to create new connections anymore.

Existing connections working. Following error message occurs:
alt text

Following entry on dbx error log:
alt text

Any ideas? We're using Splunk 6.4.2

Best regards and thanks in advance!

Tarek

0 Karma
1 Solution

Path Finder

Hello all,

it works after couple of hours.

Points by jcoates:
1. it hasn't been restarted after upgrading --> nope, I did a restart.
2. the upgrade was done by an account with different permissions than the installation was done with--> nope, same user.
3. there was unexpected customization of the 2.2 package before the 2.3 package was installed (maybe a bug in our expectations, or maybe a local requirement to work around) --> nope, no customization from my side
4. a damaged 2.3 package --> no, i don't think so
5. gremlins --> yeah, didn't see them, but yeah, a possible solution...! 😉

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Path Finder

Hello all,

it works after couple of hours.

Points by jcoates:
1. it hasn't been restarted after upgrading --> nope, I did a restart.
2. the upgrade was done by an account with different permissions than the installation was done with--> nope, same user.
3. there was unexpected customization of the 2.2 package before the 2.3 package was installed (maybe a bug in our expectations, or maybe a local requirement to work around) --> nope, no customization from my side
4. a damaged 2.3 package --> no, i don't think so
5. gremlins --> yeah, didn't see them, but yeah, a possible solution...! 😉

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

your permissions appear to be all jacked up, which makes me think that one of these things has happened:

  1. it hasn't been restarted after upgrading
  2. the upgrade was done by an account with different permissions than the installation was done with
  3. there was unexpected customization of the 2.2 package before the 2.3 package was installed (maybe a bug in our expectations, or maybe a local requirement to work around)
  4. a damaged 2.3 package
  5. gremlins
0 Karma