All Apps and Add-ons

Add-on for VMware is not working: Why is there an Error that "could not authenticate with gateway after 3 retries"?

tem
Loves-to-Learn

Now, I deploy Splunk Enterprise, ITSI, Add-on for VMware on single node.

I face the problem that "Data Collection Status" nor ITSI  can not run.

WS000056.JPGWS000057.JPGWS000058.JPG

Checking sourcetype=vmware:perf* OR sourcetype=vmware:inv:hierarchy,

results is not returned.

but, Data Collection Nodes and Virtual Centers is valid

WS000055.JPGOn Hydra Framework Status in Add-on VMware, there is a lot of Worker Errors and Scheduler Errors. like this.

2023-08-08 15:55:13,521 ERROR [ta_vmware_collection_worker://alpha:182108] Problem with hydra worker ta_vmware_collection_worker://alpha:182108: [HydraGatewayAdapter] could not authenticate with gateway after 3 retries
2023-08-08 15:55:25,725 ERROR [ta_vmware_collection_scheduler://puff] [HydraWorkerNode] [establishGateway] could not authenticate with gateway=https://spl-itsi.infra.local:8008 for node=https://spl-itsi.infra.local:8089 due to error="[HydraGatewayAdapter] could not authenticate with gateway after 3 retries", marking node as dead
2023-08-08 15:55:02,591 ERROR [ta_vmware_collection_scheduler://puff] [HydraCollectionManifest] Attempted to assign jobs but we have no active workers to assign to. Restarting Scheduler...

my environment is below

splunk enterprise : 9.0.0, ITSI : 4.17.0

Addon4VMware : 4.0.5, VMware Indexes : 4.0.3, vCenter Logs, VMware ESXi Logs : 4.2.1, VMware Extractions : 4.0.3

※ I don't use Add-on for VMware Metrics.

VM information is below

What should I do?

I need splunk OVA for VMware Metrics? I don't use it hopely

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Understanding Generative AI Techniques and Their Application in Cybersecurity

Watch On-Demand Artificial intelligence is the talk of the town nowadays, with industries of all kinds ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Using the Splunk Threat Research Team’s Latest Security Content

REGISTER HERE Tech Talk | Security Edition Did you know the Splunk Threat Research Team regularly releases ...