All Apps and Add-ons

AMQP Messaging Modular Input: Why am I getting Python error "...amqp_ta\bin\amqp.py... Error instantiating transport : null"?

sanjayjampana
Engager
ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "python "C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\amqp_ta\bin\amqp.py"" Error instantiating transport : null

Did anyone come across a similar issue like above with amqp plugin before? I pointed it to a queue in RabbitMQ and it consumed over 7000 messages in no time, but nothing is getting indexed in Splunk.. I have spent a few days on it already with no success. Please share your valuable suggestions.

Queue Name = xxxx

Broker Host = rabbitmq server ip

Broker Port = 5672

Broker Username = xx

Broker Password = xx

Exchange Name = xxxx.exchange

ACk Messages = yes

Basic QOS Limit = 20

Index Message Envelope = yes
 Index Message Propertys = yes

sourcetype = automatic
Host = 10.XXXx
Index = main
0 Karma
1 Solution

sanjayjampana
Engager

The issue is resolved now. Output type we declared was HEC and changing it to stdout fixed the issue.

Thanks
Sanjay

View solution in original post

0 Karma

sanjayjampana
Engager

The issue is resolved now. Output type we declared was HEC and changing it to stdout fixed the issue.

Thanks
Sanjay

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

Please post your inputs.conf entry for the above AMQP stanza

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

New This Month - Observability Updates Give Extended Visibility and Improve User ...

This month is a collection of special news! From Magic Quadrant updates to AppDynamics integrations to ...

Intro to Splunk Synthetic Monitoring

In our last post, we mentioned that the 3 key pieces of observability – metrics, logs, and traces – provide ...