All Apps and Add-ons

A couple of questions about Gantt Chart Visualization

anz_leycurav
Explorer

Hi,

This app is immensely useful when applied to the monitoring of batch processes - here are my questions:

• Colour coding: how could I drive the colours not on the seriesField but through a 3rd variable. In my case I may want to track failure/success and possibly running processes
  • I haven't been able to pass a variable from a form - do I need to do something like: "mxenv": { "type": "token_safe", "value": "$$mxenv$$" },

but the search does not react to changes on the mxenv variable

• I cannot get the extras to populate - even taking the example and replacing " with \quot; doesn't work

• the series legend stretches over a single line with can exceed the page width, is there a quick way to give it a max width?

Thanks Vincent.

0 Karma

splunkn
Communicator

Vincent,

I am trying to replicate the Gantt Visualization for monioring batch jobs. Can you please give me a rough idea in brief.

Thanks in advance

0 Karma

alexiri
Communicator

Hi @anz_leycurav, just in case you haven't noticed, version 1.3.2 of the app fixes the legend bug you pointed out. Please give it a shot and let me know what you think!

0 Karma

alexiri
Communicator

Hi,

Glad you find the app useful!

• Color coding by 3rd variable: this isn't possible at the moment, unless your seriesField is the 3rd variable you mention. Perhaps this is what you want anyway, though. You could put your current seriesField in the extras so it's still visible in the tooltip. Otherwise, we'd have to have two legends and I think it would get confusing.
  • Passing variables: yes, you need the token_safe stuff. Where are you trying to do this that it doesn't work?
  • Extras: the extras field is supposed to be in JSON format, perhaps the format is incorrect? Escaping all the stuff is a mess in the XML, I recommend you make a macro out of your search and use that in the XML, it will simplify things quite a bit.
  • Max width for legend: no, there isn't at the moment, but I can work on that. Anyway, I would recommend cutting down on the number of series, otherwise the chart becomes a bit of a color soup and it's probably less readable.

Cheers,
Alex

0 Karma

anz_leycurav
Explorer

re: Extras: got it to work as follows:

eval extras="Source type: "+sourcetype

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...