Alerting

ldapsearch command to get attribute names from directory

arrangineni
Path Finder

How can I run a ldapsearch command from Splunk to get the list of user attribute names ONLY not the values available in a AD directory. I am using SA-ldap add-on but don't see the parameters that I need to use to get the attributes name list.

Looking back into AD documentation there is a option for --typesOnly but not sure how to use it in Splunk ldap search query.

my query is as follows:  | ldapsearch domain=abc search="(&(objectClass=user)(!(objectClass=computer)))"

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

FelixLeh
Contributor

Hi,
I have no knowledge of how this type of search behaves..but if this kind of directory also has fields can't you just use

|fields attribute_name_field

to get rid of any other field but the name? 
(like I said im just blindly guessing since I have never used Idapsearches! I hope you can resolve your problem!)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...