Alerting

extract characters after colon

ksharany

Hi ,

My log consists of below

msg: 2018-07-07 14:30:02.226 INFO 7 --- [nio-8080-exec-6] c.f.p.a.service.CGEventRetimeService : <> : 12006

I need to extract the values after <> : i.e) 12006 alone and create alert to be sent to user .

How do I do it ?

0 Karma

PowerPacked
Builder

Hi @ksharany

Take a look at this.

alt text

Thanks

0 Karma

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

Two options:

1. use the characters in front of it as demarkation point: | rex "\<\>\s+:\s+(?<field1>\d+)" https://regex101.com/r/0na0Fq/1
  2. if it is really at the end of the event and you don't have other (similar) logs that cause issues, you can grab if from the end of the string: | rex "(?<field1>\d+)$" https://regex101.com/r/0na0Fq/2

Note that second option is a simpler regex, but less efficient.

0 Karma

jodyfsu
Path Finder

This should work:

| rex "\<\>\s\:\s(?<NUMBERS>\d+)"

Let us know if you need more help.

0 Karma

ksharany

To be more precise - i need to search for msg with " Invalid Retimed Control Group " text and extract the highlighted felds

msg: 2018-07-07 14:30:02.226 INFO 7 --- [nio-8080-exec-6] c.f.p.a.service.CGEventRetimeService : < Invalid Retimed Control Group > : CCF 2018 12006

and display the highlighted bold once as separate columns in CSV file as below

Date - 2018-07-07
Time - 14:30:02
PTVL - CCF
MY - 2018
CG - 12006

0 Karma

jodyfsu
Path Finder

give this a shot:

| rex "^msg\:\s(?<DATE>.[^\s]+)\s(?<TIME>.[^\s]+).[^\:]+\:.[^\:]+\:\s(?<PTVL>.[^\s]+)\s(?<MY>.[^\s]+)\s(?<CG>.[^\s]+)"
0 Karma

jodyfsu
Path Finder

You will want to do
| table DATE TIME PTVL MY CG

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...