Alerting

Why are my alerts created under the launcher app, missing?

EricLloyd79
Builder

Today I opened up my Alerts page and clicked "All Apps" and half of my alerts were gone. I finally realized it was all the ones that were in the launcher app.
Has anyone else seen this happen? When I review the apps listed in the /apps directory through the Terminal, the launcher app still seems to be present.

0 Karma
1 Solution

EricLloyd79
Builder

I found out whats happening and honestly, Im feeling pretty dumb and kinda surprised.
Apparently, the visibility of certain apps is dependent on the PATH you take to get to the list of Reports, Alerts and/or Dashboards.

I was going into the Search app and then clicking on Alerts in the upper left top menu bar. Then I would click Apps: All expecting for ALL APPS to appear but launcher apps dont appear there.
When I went to Settings -> Searches, Reports, and Alerts... I found the missing launcher alerts and everything else.

Doh.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

EricLloyd79
Builder

I found out whats happening and honestly, Im feeling pretty dumb and kinda surprised.
Apparently, the visibility of certain apps is dependent on the PATH you take to get to the list of Reports, Alerts and/or Dashboards.

I was going into the Search app and then clicking on Alerts in the upper left top menu bar. Then I would click Apps: All expecting for ALL APPS to appear but launcher apps dont appear there.
When I went to Settings -> Searches, Reports, and Alerts... I found the missing launcher alerts and everything else.

Doh.

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

@EricLloyd79,

Did someone accidentally changed the visibility of launcher app ?

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma

EricLloyd79
Builder

I dont think so. I looked for an app.conf in /opt/splunk/etc/apps/launcher/local but didn't find one but one was located in /opt/splunk/etc/apps/launcher/default and it looks like this:

Version 7.1.1

[install]
is_configured = true
allows_disable = false

[ui]
label = Home
is_visible = true

0 Karma

sudosplunk
Motivator

Can you still see all your alerts listed in savedsearches.conf under /opt/splunk/etc/apps/launcher/local. Each alert name will be referenced as each stanza; like [my_example_alert]

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...