Alerting

What type alert we can setup to monitor Spunk environment - We are using Splunk managed cloud services.

raomu
Explorer

What type alert we can setup to monitor Spunk environment - We are using Splunk managed cloud services.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

if i understand you correctly, you would like to have an alert telling you whether one of your 3 UF or 2 HF are down and nor sending data to the cloud?
if this is the case, you can create something like that:

| tstats count as event_count where index=* OR index=_* AND (host=UF1 OR host=UF2 OR host=UF3 OR host=HF1 OR host=HF2) by host

if you have count=0 it means that the particular forwarder did not send data in the time range specified and worthwhile to check it.
there are many other ways to alert on this situation but i think its a good start.

hope it helps

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

what is it that you would like to be alerted on?

0 Karma

raomu
Explorer

I have 3 UF ( all UF are fwd data to these 3 UF) and 2 heavy FWD for which I need to put alert for.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...