Alerting

Webhook - error sending webhook request: HTTP Error 502 - how to resolve?

sverremoen

Hi!

I've spent a couple of weeks trying to get Webhook running on our Splunk Enterprise server (v.6.5.2). I've done what I can to find an answer to this error:
11-27-2018 20:45:06.296 +0100 INFO sendmodalert - action=webhook STDERR - Sending POST request to url=http://10.10.102.35:8080/generic-webhook-trigger/invoke?token=siste_sukk with size=2465 bytes payload 11-27-2018 20:45:06.296 +0100 ERROR sendmodalert - action=webhook STDERR - Error sending webhook request: HTTP Error 502: internal error - server connection terminated
11-27-2018 20:45:06.797 +0100 INFO sendmodalert - action=webhook - Alert action script completed in duration=61611 ms with exit code=2
11-27-2018 20:45:06.797 +0100 WARN sendmodalert - action=webhook - Alert action script returned error code=2
More info:
- I have set up a Webhook receiver on a Jenkins servers.
- The Webhook URL runs fine, and is accessible from the Splunk server, at least when ran in a browser. I do get the JSON response as expected.
- There is no network firewall blocking the traffic.

Do you have any idea what I've missed? Is there any setup that is required on the Splunk Enterprise server in order to get it running? Any thoughts on what to troubleshoot?

Best Regards,
Sverre

0 Karma

hettervik
Builder

Hi Sverre! Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I'm experiencing the same problem myself it seems.

0 Karma

naliniasb
Explorer

Have you fixed this issue.If so please share the solution

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...