Explorer

Hello, 

I have an ask to calculate TPS (Avg and Peak) for API calls that took

1) <1sec to respond,

2) calls that took between  3-5 secs

3) calls that took >5secs

Based on Multiple different API calls

Something like this

Route<1s Avg TPS<1s Max TPS3-5sec Avg TPS3-5sec Max TPS>5sec Avg TPS>5sec max TPS

I am able to get them separately in multiple splunk queries like below, but i need them with the breakdown of event response time as above. 

Below are my queries

1) index=XXX service_name=YYY request_host=ZZZ | rex field=_raw "AAA" | rex field=request_route "^(?<route>.*)\?" | rex field=_id "^(?<route>.*)\?" | eval pTime = total_time | eval TimeFrames = case(pTime<=1000, "0-1", pTime>1000 AND pTime<=3000, "1-3", pTime>3000 AND pTime<=5000, "3-5", pTime>5000 AND pTime<=8000, "5-8", pTime>8000, ">8") | stats count as CallVolume by route, TimeFrames | eventstats sum(CallVolume) as Total by route | eval Percentage=(CallVolume/Total)*100 | sort by route, -CallVolume | fields route,CallVolume,TimeFrames,Percentage | chart values(CallVolume) over route by TimeFrames | sort -TimeFrames

2) TPS:

index=XXX service_name=YYY request_host=ZZZ | rex field=_raw "AAA" | rex field=request_route "^(?<route>.*)\?" | eval resptime = total_time | bucket _time span=1s | stats count as TPS by _time,route | stats max(TPS) as PeakTPS, avg(TPS) as AvgTPS by route | fields route, PeakTPS, AvgTPS | sort PeakTPS desc

Can you please help ? 

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

Don't just write the query. If there are no results, no one but you can understand them.

0 Karma

rakeshreddy1230
Explorer

Result_Query1Result_Query1Result_Query2Result_Query2

0 Karma

rakeshreddy1230
Explorer

@to4kawa as you see, the result from query 1 provides the timeframe call volume, where as the second query provides the TPS. Now, what i am trying to get is the combination of both in a way. To get the TPS Avg and Peak with the time frame breakdown (<1s, 3-5s, 5-8s,>8s). 

Thanks

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

query1

| join route [search query2]

0 Karma

rakeshreddy1230
Explorer

Thank you. But that is not what i am looking for. So, you basically are combining the results of both queries. 

What i want is to breakdown the TPS into those time frame. So, if there are 1500 calls that took <1 second response time, i want to know the TPS for those calls. If 1000 calls took 3 to 5 seconds for responding, i need to find the TPS for that. 

RouteAvg TPS for <1sMax TPS for <1sAvg TPS for 3-5secondsMax TPS for 3-5secondsAvg TPS for 5-8secondsMax TPS for 5-8 Seconds...

Thanks in advance. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...