Alerting

Splunk Enteprise Security Alert time range settings: How can I configure this time range?

SIEMStudent
Path Finder

Hi Splunkers,

I have to schedule a Saved Search in Splunk Enterprise Security that must be executed in a specific time range.
The task itself is not a problem; I followed  Configure > Content > Content Management -> Create new content -> Saved search and then, cause the search must sent a mail at every activation, I have chosen New Alert.

The problem is the required time range: this alert must detect some kind of activity performed outside job office hour, so 18:01 of current day - 08:59 of day after (this every day). 
So, for example, the search must be "active" starting from today at 18:01 until tomorrow at 08:59.

My doubt is: how can I configure this time range? 
This is the alert configuration window:

SIEMStudent_0-1647257574319.png

I thougth about using Crontab, but I'm not sure I can configure a time range wich has not the same day for starting and ending time.
I thougth also about the All time panel but I didn't find anithing that help me to configure this particular time range.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
* 0-8,18-23 * * *

View solution in original post

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
* 0-8,18-23 * * *

SIEMStudent
Path Finder

It works, thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...