Alerting

Splunk Alerts: How to use email address from variable?

Path Finder

We have data set up like this:

{

email:JohnSmith@Company.com

Count:100

},

{

email:DavidHarris@Company.com

Count:50

},

{

email:ChuckNorris@Company.com

Count:90

}

I want to set up an alert where a specific person will be emailed if their alert is > 80, but I want to use the email field. So I want Chuck to get an email and John to get a separate email. David does not get an alert because the count did not break the threshold.

In the alert setup, can I put $email$ in the "To: " part of the send email action??

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can use fields from the first line of the results in the alert, e.g. $result.email$ assuming your search includes the email field. Then if you trigger the alert for each result (rather than just once), each result will execute the action with its corresponding row from the events.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can use fields from the first line of the results in the alert, e.g. $result.email$ assuming your search includes the email field. Then if you trigger the alert for each result (rather than just once), each result will execute the action with its corresponding row from the events.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...