Alerting

Setting duration in search and save as an alert

pdreef
Explorer

We are trying to set an alert for a sub_A to trigger if no data is sent  in 1 hour duration.  The previous splunk expert wrote the search below, and i was under the impression to change the "+24h@h" to "1h@h" and "86400",  to 3600 would change the parameter of the alert.

| where now()>relative_time(LastFileXfer, "+24h@h")
| eval DaysOld=round((now() - round(LastFileXfer, 0))/86400, 2)

Does this need to be changed when saving the alert in menu section of the alert?

-----Thank you-----

------Search------

index=dart_index source=OPS_NIPR_DART_DMZ_IncomingOutgoing status_message="OK" earliest=-48h@h subscription_name IN ("Sub_A")
| eval DeliveryComplete=strptime(delivery_complete, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S")
| stats values(src_host) as Source, values(dest_host) as Destination, values(login_name) as DataOwner, values(host_name) as DartNode, values(xfer_type) as XferMethod, min(DeliveryComplete) as EarliestFileXfer, max(DeliveryComplete) as LastFileXfer by subscription_name
| where now()>relative_time(LastFileXfer, "+24h@h")
| eval DaysOld=round((now() - round(LastFileXfer, 0))/86400, 2)
| eval EarliestFileXfer=strftime(EarliestFileXfer, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S")
| eval LastFileXfer=strftime(LastFileXfer, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S")
| table subscription_name Source Destination DataOwner DartNode XferMethod EarliestFileXfer LastFileXfer DaysOld

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Nisha18789
Builder

Great @pdreef , could youplease mark my response as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Nisha18789
Builder

hi @pdreef , looking at query and requirement, this should work by replacing 24h@h by 1h  in below line considering you want to check that there should be data every 1 hour duration irrespective of the mm value in hh:mm.

| where now()>relative_time(LastFileXfer, "+1h")

Hope this helps!

0 Karma

pdreef
Explorer

Yes, that worked. Thank you. I tired had and extra "h" and this is why it wasn't working.

0 Karma

Nisha18789
Builder

Great @pdreef , could youplease mark my response as solution.

0 Karma

pdreef
Explorer

Of course, thanks again for your help. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...