Alerting

Send same email alert to different email ids based on a condition

architkhanna
Path Finder

hello,

I have a saved search that triggers an alert in the form of an email.
I want that alert to be sent to different email id's based on a condition.

For example, I have 7 applications values in the search result and each application has an application owner.
When the threshold value is reached for SLA  suppose, for a given application, only that application owner must be sent email to.

Looking for inputs.
TIA.

Labels (4)
0 Karma

ayush1906
Path Finder

Hi @impurush 

This seems to works.

1) For use in token in email header or body, create a version of the field you want with an underscore as a prefix (e.g., | eval _fieldA = fieldA). You will use this field in the token -- e.g., $result._fieldA$.
2) Use 'fields' command instead of 'table' command. (I thought I had to use 'table' command to order the fields as I wanted in the email output. But 'fields' seems to work for that purpose as well.) Be sure to include the underscore-prefixed version of the field you want (e.g., "_fieldA") to use as token. (I just put it at the end.) Because it is prefixed with underscore, it won't show up in email table output.

credits: wryanthomas

source: https://community.splunk.com/t5/Alerting/I-am-sending-a-table-in-mail-as-an-alert-but-I-want-to-hide... 

impurush
Contributor

@ayush1906 Awesome, thank you so much. I have been trying to overcome this scenario for the last three days. It is working perfectly and as expected.

0 Karma

ayush1906
Path Finder

😊

0 Karma

ayush1906
Path Finder

hi, 

get the email id as a column in result lets say email, and in the TO field of alert pass it as a token   "  $result.email$  "

The same can be achieved in search using sendemail in search.

ayush1906_0-1603279766429.png

cheers!

0 Karma

impurush
Contributor

@ayush1906 In this case, the email id values also will be present in the result email. But is there any way to send an email without a present in the result email?

The resulting email contains the below columns based on your suggestions.
Col A   Col B  email

But, I am trying to get the result email like below
Col A Col B

Thanks in advance.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...